With Halloween right around the corner, CivicScience surveyed U.S. adults on their plans to dress up this year. Among those with definite plans, the data show that nearly 20% of people are wearing a costume this year, and the remaining 80% are not wearing one. 

So, what differentiates those planning to celebrate in costume from those who won’t be? CivicScience has the answers: