Economic sentiment decreased over the past two weeks. The Penta-CivicScience Economic Sentiment Index (ESI) fell 1.6 points to 31.8, driven by the largest decrease in confidence in finding a new job in over a year.
All five of the ESI’s indicators decreased over the past two weeks.
- Confidence in finding a new job changed the most, decreasing 4.9 points to 40.7, the indicator’s lowest point in over a year.
- Confidence in personal finances fell 1.0 points to 48.1.
- Confidence in the overall U.S. economy fell 0.7 points to 31.5.
- Confidence in making a major purchase fell 0.7 points to 19.0.
- Confidence in buying a new home fell 0.5 points to 19.8.