Economic sentiment increased over the past two weeks. The Penta-CivicScience Economic Sentiment Index (ESI) rose 0.8 points to 33.0, largely driven by an increase in confidence in the U.S. economy.
All five of the ESI’s indicators increased over the past two weeks.
- Confidence in the overall U.S. economy improved the most, increasing 2.3 points to 34.0.
- Confidence in finding a new job rose 0.1 points to 41.7.
- Confidence in personal finances rose 1.1 points to 51.1.
- Confidence in buying a new home rose 0.2 points to 20.0.
- Confidence in making a major purchase rose 0.1 points to 18.2.