Taylor Swift’s “Eras Tour” – the 52-stop, 20-city, and 10-album event – is arguably the artist’s biggest and best tour yet, and it’s on track to be one of the highest-grossing tours of all time. “Eras” has sold out stadiums across the country and broke a record for most tickets sold in a day when presale tickets went live on Ticketmaster

Those who attend the tour purchase Eras-themed outfits, trade friendship bracelets during the show, travel great distances to the concert, and sell out hotels near the venue – all of which fuel the “Taylor Swift economy.” Fans who don’t attend the show also participate in the festivities. For example, “Swifties” watch from parking lots outside the venue, and cities host Taylor Swift-themed events before the show. Glendale, Arizona, even temporarily renamed itself “Swift City” when “Eras” kicked off in their city. 

So, who’s attending the “Eras Tour”? The latest CivicScience data show that 17% of respondents report they went to the concert, have tickets, or plan to buy tickets (n=9,923). The remaining 83% say they’re not interested. A close look via the InsightStore uncovers unique insights that differentiate concert-goers from the general population (Gen Pop):

Want to see more unexpected insights like these? Get in touch.