As we had previously announced, we partnered with AXS TV and Billboard magazine this year to grab even more consumer predictions than ever for the upcoming GRAMMY® awards (which will air Sunday, February 8). With over 150,000 votes cast, we have officially started making the press tour rounds with some sneak-peeks at the data before the live prediction show airs on AXS TV on Tuesday, February 3 at 10 PM Eastern.
Today, our CEO John Dick has called in for on-air appearances on Michigan’s “The Steve Gruber Show”; WQEL-FM in Columbus, OH; WOCM-FM Ocean 98.1 in MD/DE area; KNEN-FM in Sioux City, IA; and “The Mulberry Lane” show in NE.
Tomorrow you can hear him on: (all times Eastern)
- WGGC-FM in Bowling Green, KY from 9:27 AM – 9:45 AM
- WDYK-FM in Cumberland, MD/Washington DC from 10:15 AM – 10:25 AM
- The Frankie Boyer show (nationally syndicated) from 11:45 AM – 12:00 PM
- WSVA-AM in Harrisonburg, VA from 4:34 PM – 4:52 PM
What can we tell you so far, aside from again acknowledging that the GRAMMYS are notoriously hard to predict?
- Sam Smith, currently by a large margin, is the leading predicted winner in who people think will win for Best New Artist (56% of votes – compared to 2nd-place leader Iggy Azalea at 32% of votes)
- In Best Rap Album, Iggy Azalea is so far the predicted winner over Eminem — 49% of votes to 29%.
CivicScience will also be segmenting a group we call “good predictors” based on their past history of more accurate predictions and general higher interest in the music industry, comparing their predictions to those of the general voting population. This results in some interesting discussion points like this one:
- In the Song of the Year category, Taylor Swift’s “Shake it Off” leads as the predicted winner among the general voting population (at 41%), but among those we think are better predictors, we see that Sia’s “Chandelier” leads at 35%.
Get more prediction data and fun discussion on AXS TV’s live show — which will be hosted by rock band Sugar Ray’s frontman Mark McGrath, and where our CEO will be joined by music critic and Variety columnist Bob Lefsetz and music industry trendsetter DJ SKEE.
And check our blog at the end of this week, as we publish the full detailed list of predictions prior to the GRAMMY show.