CivicScience reaches millions of consumers who share valuable opinions and experiences with us every day. The Trend Adoption Tracker monitors emerging products, services, and trends across several categories over time. Click on awareness, intent, and ownership at the top of each chart to toggle between views and observe when certain types of products are experiencing growth, reaching a plateau / mainstream acceptance, or are on the way out.
The Latest Trend Adoption Insights
- In terms of technology adoption, 5G awareness and intent remained relatively flat, but ownership continues to rise as more and more wireless carriers begin to roll out 5G
- While intent dropped slightly in the last quarter, usage of CBD products continued its steady growth with awareness now at its highest point since the end of 2018
- Shopping behaviors have been mostly consistent over the last quarter although CivicScience data shows a slight up-tick in intent to use mobile payment apps
- Grocery delivery is gaining interest over meal kit subscriptions yet usage of both remain under one-third of the adult population
- Usage of language learning apps has been steadily increasing since the beginning of 2019, finishing off the year at a record high of 18%
This is a quarterly series of trend adoption reports. Check back in April 2020 for Q1 2020 data.