As 2022 began, CivicScience continues to track key trends across many consumer products and services. Notable insights across each area are listed below:
- Around The Home: Mesh Wi-Fi systems and smart speakers saw the largest jump in ownership from Q42021 while intent remained steady.
- Digital Engagement: Ownership, intent, and awareness of virtual reality all increased in the first quarter of 2022. Adoption levels have doubled compared to this time last year.
- Finance: Intent to use online-only financial institutions rebounded in early 2022 after dropping last quarter. Cryptocurrency is the only finance metric tracked to see an increase in awareness, signaling that the market is not yet saturated.
- Health & Wellness: Mindful meditation apps have seen an increase in both usage and awareness, which may be indicative of the stressful current events over the last quarter.
- Food & Beverage: Oat milk continues to show strong adoption, being the only food & beverage metric that increased in both usage and awareness from last quarter.
- Shopping Behaviors: Online glasses saw an increase in usage, intent, and awareness this past quarter. As awareness of this trend continues to increase, so does intent and usage.
- Technology Adoption: Smartwatches saw the largest jump in usage among tech adoption metrics tracked; however, we have observed a steady rise in usage and awareness of 5G as this continues to get rolled out across the country.
Miscellaneous: Intent to own an electric vehicle increased notably this past quarter, likely due to increasing concerns around gas prices and supply chain issues.